WordPress Website Maintenance
We offer ongoing website maintenance for those clients who prefer not to be responsible for adding new events, tracking traffic, updating plugins and checking backups. We can add your most recent projects to the website and emphasize new skills or products.
I recently read an analogy comparing websites to cars – both need regular maintenance to keep running well. A poorly maintained car is apt to break down at the worst possible time. A website that is ignored for months (or years) is more vulnerable to hackers.
What is Included in WordPress Website Maintenance?
WordPress Website Maintenance includes these tasks:
- Updating WordPress versions
- Updating WordPress plugins
- Sometimes deciding to wait on upgrades because of bug reports
- Identifying “not found” pages
- Solving problems caused by plugin conflicts
- Checking the sitemap submitted to google
- Cleaning hacked websites
- Clearing out spam comments
- Responding to Google Search Console warnings
Why are there always new versions of WordPress and plugins? Many times they are released to plug security problems. If you place your website on a managed WordPress hosting plan, some of these tasks are automated.
WordPress Website Maintenance Recommended Tools
Websites can and should be tracked with these or similar tools:
- Sucuri or WordFence for security
- Google Search Console for website health
- Google Analytics for traffic
- premium SEO tools for rankings
- backup tools
No news is good news from Sucuri, WordFence and Google Search Console. We look for an upward trend from Google Analytics and our SEO tools.
One of the most rewarding parts of my job is seeing clients grow their businesses over the years. I’ve maintained several clients’ websites for over five years. Contact me today to discuss website management.